Walking Phuket's old town

Just back from Phuket, I absolutely fell in love with the colours and history of Phuket old town. It's chocked with gorgeous cafes, guesthouses and weird trinket shops wedged between mechanics, junk rooms and people's homes. If you're following my Instagram feed (@global_salsa), THANK YOU and sorry, you may well be sick of these photos. If not, here are a few of my favourites. I'll be posting up more in the next few days, once this vicious cold abates (thank you, also, Thai aircon, this is not the first time you've done this to me).

Gorgeous guesthouse

Raya restaurant

Snapped on Yaowarat Street (also spelt Yaowarad or even Yaowaraj - go figure)
There are some truly spectacular tiles on the doorsteps of the old town's shops and houses.
I couldn't get my feet out of the road, so you get the lot: tiles and toes.

Traffic tears past at a manic rate, but this grand little corner seems woefully neglected.

See what I mean about these tiles? They're just fabulous.

Comments