Cruising Norway and sustainable Melbourne: ASTW 2014 awards for excellence
The awards were for best responsible tourism story, sponsored byTreadRight Foundation, under The Travel Corporation. This story, published in Honda magazine, is about travelling with a light eco-footprint in my hometown, Melbourne.
And the best cruise story, sponsored by TravMedia. This piece, published in the Sun-Herald newspaper, was about the journey of the Hurtigruten, down the Norwegian coastline. I reckon I deserved the award purely for hauling a 2 1/2 year old through Norway in mid-winter!
A massive thanks to the sponsors and the judges! I will post up the stories tomorrow.
Thanks also for all your messages of support and congratulations: it was my first ASTW AGM, and a great success all round.
Here's a list of all the winners of each 2014 Journalism Awards for Excellence:
- Travel Writer of the Year Award, sponsored by Tourism Fiji:
- PR Communicator or Communications Team of the Year Award, sponsored by TravMedia:
- Photographer of the Year Award, sponsored by Papua New Guinea Tourism Authority:
- Best Australian Story Under 1000 Words Award, sponsored by Tourism Australia:
- Best Australian Story Over 1000 Words Award, sponsored by Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia:
- Best International Story Under 1000 Words Award, sponsored by Macau Government Tourist Office:
- Best International Story Over 1000 Words Award, sponsored by InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa:
- Best Adventure Travel Story Award, sponsored by World Expeditions:
- Best Responsible Tourism Story Award, sponsored by The Travel Corporation's TreadRight Foundation:
- Outstanding Tourism Organisation or Travel Product Award, sponsored by PPR:
- Best Food Travel Story Award, sponsored by Intrepid Travel:
- Best Cruise Travel Story, with a prize provided by TravMedia:
- Best use of Digital - Writer, with a prize provided by Wotif:
- Best Travel Book, with a prize provided by TravMedia:
- Best Family Travel Story Award, with a prize provided by Outrigger Resorts:
- Best PR Campaign Award, with a prize provided by Sidekicker: